On March 4, Mark Magsayo vs Brandon Figueroa will square off for the interim title in the WBC featherweight division. Both men are former champions. The bout will go down at the Toyota Center in Ontario, which is located in California.
Rey Vargas is the reigning champion of the WBC; he won the title in July by claiming a victory over Magsayo.
In 2015, Figueroa made the transition from amateur to professional boxing and has since compiled a professional record of 23-1-1 with 18 knockouts. He has his sights set on winning titles in not one but two different categories. In 2019, he secured his position as the interim WBA super-bantamweight titleholder by virtue of a victory over Yonfrez Parejo. Soon after, Figueroa was elevated to the position of full champion, and he opened the door to stardom by earning a knockout victory over his WBC opponent Luis Nery in the seventh round of their unification bout. Soon after that, he faced off against Stephen Fulton and ended up losing both belts.
The last time Figueroa competed was in July when he won his featherweight debut via technical knockout against Carlos Castro. The 26-year-old fighter is currently targeting dominance in the 126-pound weight class.
Magsayo, who previously held the title of WBO international featherweight champion, defeated Panya Uthok in 2019 to claim the WBC-ABC featherweight title. It was in January when he won the WBC featherweight title by defeating Gary Russell Jr. However, in his first defence, Vargas defeated him via a split decision, putting an end to his reign as champion in short order.
Magsayo, who has 16 wins via knockout, is interested in making a comeback to the spotlight if given the opportunity.
Here is everything you need to know in order to prepare for the Figueroa vs. Magsayo fight, including the time, channel, odds, and card.
Date and Time of Mark Magsayo vs Brandon Figueroa Fight
- Date: 4 March, Saturday | 5 March, Sunday
- Starting time: 9 p.m. (ET) | 2 a.m. (GMT)
- Main Card: 11:30 p.m. (ET) | 4:30 a.m. (GMT)
On Saturday, March 4, the fight between Figueroa and Magsayo will take place. The main card will start at 9 p.m. Eastern Time, which is equivalent to 2 a.m. GMT. Depending on how long the undercard fights go on for, Figueroa and Magsayo should make their way to the ring around 11:30 p.m. ET | 4:30 a.m. GMT. However, this time may change.
How to watch Mark Magsayo vs Brandon Figueroa Live
Where is Mark Magsayo vs Brandon Figueroa fight held?
The fight between Figueroa and Magsayo will take place at the Toyota Arena in Ontario, California. The arena has the capacity to hold over 11,000 people.
Mark Magsayo vs Brandon Figueroa Fight Card
- The interim WBC featherweight title will be decided by a fight between Brandon Figueroa and Mark Magsayo.
- Jarrett Hurd vs. Armando Resendiz; Middleweights
- Amilcar Vidal vs Elijah Garcia; Middleweights, will square off.
- Terrell Gausha vs. Brandyn Lynch, super welterweight
- Justin DeLoach vs. Travon Marshall, Welterweight
- A super lightweight matchup between Enriko Gogokhia and Samuel Teah
- Miguel Angel Hernandez vs. Dario Guerrero-Meneses, Middleweight
- Albert Gonzalez vs. Joseph Cruz Brown; Featherweight
- Daniel Blancas and Kynndale Prather will square off in the super middleweight division.